There is a common theme that all busy gals struggle with–”How do I eat healthfully when I am so busy!” “Can you please share quick and healthy meals.”
Quick is hard–preparation is key. Planning, slicing, shopping, even pre-cooking is key to a week of healthy and semi-quick meals.
However, last night I made a very FAST meal–it’s nothing gourmet, but it was yummy, healthy, and quick:
Stuffed Baked Potato:
- Cut several slits into the potato on both top and bottom.
- Baste skin with olive oil and sea salt. Bake at 350-400 for 30 minutes (or til tender). You can also microwave on high for 8 minutes or so.
- Pull out of the oven and open up the top.
- Add desired toppings: butter, sea salt, fresh steamed broccoli, and chicken (from two nights ago). We cooked extra to have on hand for the week.
- Great news–you can stuff with whatever you like (besides bacon bits and sour cream). (veggies, ground lean beef, ground turkey, BBQ)
The question now is, “Do your kids eat that?”
Their plate is the same as mine–just spread out. AND–they love RailRoad Tracks (fancy for potatoes).
This is a SUPER simple dinner–easy to prepare and quick to cook.
Hope this gives you a couple ideas for the coming week.
I will continue to search for FAST and HEALTHY and share with you!
Now, your turn! Any semi-fast meal ideas for the readers?