Happy January Everyone!
I thought it would be fun to revisit my 2012 goals and see how I did. Remember, we had just started our adventure from GA to the Seacoast of NH.
2012 in Review
- Train for and complete a half marathon-Darn, I trained for it and got off course with Morning Sickness. No Half Marathon for me.
- Run the SeaCoast Road Race Series (run 6 out of the 8 races (2 longer than a 5K) and get a jacket for completing–how FUN!- I did it! 6 races completed!
- Incorporate weight training at least 2 times a week-Done and Done! Became a BodyPUMP instructor and took on 3 strength classes.
- Learn to swim in an efficient way!–NOPE, not yet. That goal will be pushed to 2014.
- Read the Bible. Period.–Better, but not daily. Several plans definitely helped keep on semi track, including my church’s weekly devotions and She Reads Truth.
- Learn to really cook and experiment with healthy, non processed foods. We did it! The recipes on the blog prove it.
- Get involved with a church here in NH -Done! We have loved attending Bethany Church in Greenland.
- Become better at introducing myself, listening to others and jumping in–even when it’s hard! Check! Thankfully we have met many wonderful people in 2013. They have warmly welcomed us into their lives.
- Stick to our budget ….more on this later. We stayed the course and then buying a house changed everything. Revisiting the budget this week!
- Shall we call this blog a profession–ha, really just a hobby. In any case, grow the readership and refine my writing skills. Blog did very well, but after buying a house, moving, and welcoming a surprise pregnancy, the writing had to be put on the back burner.
- Continue teaching a couple of zumba classes and explore other fitness opportunities as my baby heads to kindergarten in the fall, cue the tears. -Check! BodyPUMP certified, and NASM Personal Training COMPLETE! And…. teaching regular Zumba classes throughout the week.
- Parenting-pour into my kids. Pray for them. Hang out with them. Have patience and listen to them. Encourage them. Oh, and IR would love to read…guess I need to help her with that?! This is a continuing prayer for me. Not sure I did enough in 2012, but sure hope so. As far as IR reading? That girl is reading everything she can get her hands on.
Not too shabby! We definitely had an adventurous and fun-filled 2012. It was not without challenges, but I always remind myself that the Lord will not give us more than we can handle. Right?! Goals for 2013 are coming up in the next post.
Question: What was your favorite accomplishment of 2012?