Happy late Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We sure enjoyed ourselves as we got another 6-8″ of snow.
At this point, I think I am a professional at surviving winter in New England. Driving? No problem. Warm Clothes? For sure! Shoveling? Gives me more muscles. However, I am ready for Spring. Bring on March or April. It’s time to see some GREEN!
Winter Break, this week, brings many evenings at home, so I decided to get a meal plan in place. Planning always saves us money and keeps my family on track with healthier eating. I usually recruit my kids to help at the grocery store. They have fun searching for the items we need and help me find the prettiest fruits and veggies. Cooking in, planning menus, buying ahead: all so worth it!
- Monday- Dinner with friends.
- Tuesday: Veggie Night- each person, in the family, gets to pick their favorite veggie. (Baked potatoes, broccoli, green beans, bell peppers and tomatoes are the choices this week.)
- Wednesday: Lighter Chicken Tetrazzini- Can’t wait to try this for the first time.
- Thursday: Momma gets a night out with the girls! Family is having soup and sandwiches.
- Friday- Grilled chicken and veggies
- Saturday- Cheesy Italian Stuffed Peppers from Fitness Magazine- another first time recipe.
Bonus: For a fun breakfast, this morning, IR and I made Healthier Blueberry Muffins. I wrote this recipe post last year and still flip back to it. This breakfast delight is not as sweet as a store bought muffin, but we all love them. If you haven’t tried these, add them to your breakfast menu.
Have a great week!