Good Morning! First the good news..a new breakfast!
I am in LOVE with this: whole wheat Kashi waffle, a spoonful of Greek yogurt (vanilla), sliced strawberries and topped with a spoonful of Flax seeds. It’s all about thinking outside of the box: yogurt instead of syrup, fresh fruit to add a sweet flavor.
Now for the news to think about: A good friend of mine sent me an email with the Top 10 foods you thought were healthy, but are NOT. Bummer is all I have to say, but great info!
- Cereal (nope, not even Special K) (side note: my kids will still enjoy the Panda Puffs!)
- Artificial Sweeteners (amen!)
- Sports/Electrolyte Drinks (nothing compares to water).
- Non-Fat Coffee Drinks (kick the Starbucks habit).
- Granola (this is a big boohoo for me. Time to make my own!)
- Low Fat (read this–such a great point).
- Soy (my momma always said avoid large amounts of soy. we will still enjoy our edamame).
- Diet Soda (walk away from the DC).
- Organic sweets (love this-just because it’s organic does not mean it’s good for you).
- Bagels (refined, loaded with carbs, and equivalent to eating 4 slices or more of bread). Grab a breakfast sandwich on whole wheat bread instead!
Read the full article here! As you kick off your week, kick some of these habits!